Apply for a Career with the Midwest’s branding leader!
As one of the Midwest’s largest and fastest growing providers of print, print-related and promotional marketing solutions, we’re always looking to add new talent to our team.
With thousands of clients across the Midwest, we’ve built an enviable reputation for quality, customer service, and innovation. Our unique Direct Approach program is attracting interest and opening doors across a wide variety of vertical markets. As a Meridian sales representative, you’ll have the advantage of our:
- Innovative technology portal to streamline communication and enhance collaboration with clients, suppliers, colleagues, and others
- Effective sales tools and marketing materials from our in-house design agency
- Regional infrastructure and support for fulfillment and delivery
- Strong reputation and brand recognition across multiple industries
The Following Positions are Currently Open
Territory – Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin
Meridian was founded in 1992, privately held with over 100 employees. Meridian is a marketing company whose fundamental business is building and managing all elements of marketing supply chains, including materials creation, production, inventory management, and distribution. Key product and service areas of the business include commercial and digital printing, point-of-purchase displays, trade show graphics, signage and branded merchandise. The growth of the company has developed organically through company storefronts and fulfillment programs. Meridian has Three manufacturing locations, Rockford, IL., Loves Park, IL., Delavan, WI. Five Sales Office locations and Three Warehouse, Fulfillment & Distribution centers.
The branding specialist will be responsible for leading and managing all aspects of sales in the Janesville, Milton, Beloit, Wisconsin including Rock County area. Responsible for new business development and servicing existing accounts in the territory. Additionally, he/she will focus on driving business initiatives which optimize capacity, cost, quality, delivery and customer service. The successful candidate will be held accountable for driving top and bottom line growth while improving enterprise value.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of progressive sales experience, preferably in Commercial Print, promotional products and/or B2B business environment.
- Identify, develop and negotiate business opportunities
- Solicit and meet with management levels of potential corporate clients to present formal presentations for E-Commerce, Promotional product and Advertising Specialties
- Recommend creative and innovative promotional products and solutions to clients
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a successful history of new business generation and development
- Understanding or ability to learn estimating and quoting processes as well as technical skills in digital artwork
- Must possess strong prospecting and networking skills
- Experience in promotional products (apparel, etc), advertising specialties, commercial printing, marketing and packaging is preferred
Compensation is based on industry experience, client relationships and proven skills with references
- Competitive salary, commission and bonus structure
- Company Cell Phone
- Paid Expense Account
- Car/Gas Allowance
- Paid Vacation
- Full Medical/Health Dental Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement plan
This individual must be self-confident, have high integrity and possess a strong work ethic. Presentation and communication skills, as well as instilling a constant drive for performance improvement will be vital. One’s ability to focus on accountability and commitment to delivery will be critically evaluated. He/she will represent the company with enthusiasm and energy.
- Local candidates highly preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred but not required
- Job Type: Full-Time
Project Manager – Estimator – Customer Service
Meridian has three manufacturing locations, Five Sales Office locations and Three Distribution and fulfillment centers. Meridian is currently seeking a Project Manager – Customer Service -Estimator to join our Dynamic Sales team! Project Manager is responsible for all aspects of production, purchasing, and execution in key print categories, including commercial print, marketing collateral, and ad-hoc projects. Project Manager will oversee and coordinate production schedules, print specifications, RFQs, and ensure successful procurement of printed materials. Daily communication with suppliers and internal team members are keys to success in this role. We are looking for someone who has a positive, friendly attitude, and the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment to deliver solid print solutions.
This is a challenging Project Manager role. We are seeking driven, creative individuals with experience who are looking to be a part of a dynamic growth Company Responsibilities include:
- Working with the client’s marketing & purchasing teams to gather job requirements, perform both procurement and project management of each assigned campaign or project
- Manage the client’s jobs on-budget, on-time, and with the highest level of service and quality.
- Quoting and/or estimating of all assigned print projects including printing, fulfillment, and logistics
- Developing program strategies which are both beneficial and economical for the client
- Building relationships with client’s internal stakeholders and other Meridian employees in order to successfully execute each project
- Analyze job revenue, cost, and profitability to report to management and client
- Proactively present production solutions and offer suggestions for more efficient production methods
- Keeping detailed records of each project’s timeline, progress, challenges, and completion and be able to provide regular status updates to management
- Managing multiple projects and tasks simultaneously
- Exceed client expectations and provide superior customer service
- Qualifications Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years working in print production/procurement in an agency, client, or other related environment (other technical backgrounds are welcome)
- Experience with technical product manufacturing, distribution industries desired
- Working with custom made products
- Detailed track record of successful supplier management, negotiation, and procurement of complex print projects
- Advanced knowledge of print manufacturing types and channels
- Highly proficient with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Entrepreneurial minded with an internal drive to continuously hit goals and succeed
- Experience excelling within fast paced, high energy environments
- Sense of urgency is a must; this is a very fast paced office that requires attention to detail and proactive thinking.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision; self-motivated, detail oriented; have excellent interpersonal skills; demonstrate strong customer service skills and show sound judgement when dealing with different situations.
- Excellent organizational skills; ability to initiate, plan, prioritize and conduct multiple projects successfully and meet ship dates.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and be flexible and adaptable to change.
- Professional demeanor and skilled in communicating effectively with people at all levels within and outside organizations via telephone, in person, or by printed and electronic correspondence.
- Willingness to learn — we have different software packages that the ideal candidate will need to become proficient with quickly
- Extensive computer Knowledge – MS Windows, MS-Office; MS Excel, Powerpoint, Inventory Management (VENDOR MANAGED INVENTORY) , JIT, Kanban
- ACT Contact Management Software
- Program Sales – Solution based skills
- ASI or SAGE industry Specific ESP Software
- Ability to develop and retain new customers
- Product Selection and Branding Campaigns
- Knowledge of Graphic Arts, Pre-Press, Digital Files
- Well Written Quotes & Proposals
- Excellent Communication Skills
- Maintain and Service Customers
- Ability to learn many new products
- Understand the estimating and quoting process
- Product Training
- Inside Sales Training
Corporate office in Loves Park IL.
- Compensation is based on industry experience, proven skills with references
- Competitive Package for the right Candidate
- Competitive Compensation Package (Salary and/or Hourly)
- Based on Industry Knowledge & Experience
- Incentive Programs(Bonus)
- Paid Vacation
- Full Medical/Health, Dental & Vision Benefits
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Meridian offers its team members the opportunity to serve many of the world’s leading companies to meet their most critical needs. Join our winning team and unique company culture. We offer numerous benefits for your contributions and teamwork.
Take the next step today
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities at Meridian. If you would like to submit your information to our talented management team, please click here.